Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Chicago, Don't Let Me Explode

I read this a couple days ago on another blog and thought it was a good idea for a post:

My Three Months Last FM page's Top Five Musicians
(Note: This doesn't count the cassette tapes in my car, my CD's, and my records)

1. The Hold Steady – 352 spins
I have the great Separation Sunday recording jammed onto my iPod. The perfect suburban Americana record of the past decade and their best effort to date.

Your Little Hoodrat Friend


2. Circulatory System – 213
I don't know how many times I've screamed about Signal Morning, but add another strike to that long list. Shut up and buy it, you sissy.

Overjoyed


3. Mission of Burma – 167
Slowly have become one of my favorite bands ever. They have zero bad records and each take about six months to fully comprehend. Check out their newest release, The Sound, The Speed, The Light you poser!

1,2,3 Partyy! (THIS VIDEO IS FUCKING ESSENTIAL!!!)


4. Bob Dylan – 113
Those Yesterday Sessions are some of the best unreleased Dylan music you can ever find. I blogged about the amazingness here if you haven't checked it out yet, by all means, download it, suckah!

5. Of Montreal - 60
I have a bootleg of all a live album, named 2-18-02, from Of Montreal it features a bunch of covers the Athens group have played on tour the past over the years. When I saw them, they played Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit, and it was the best performance of the night. The record I have includes a few originally cut by The Rolling Stones, The Who, The Beatles, and The Velvet Underground.

Smells Like Teen Spirit (The guy front row with poofy blond hair isn't me, I swear..)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers