Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Black Tambourine - Slumberland Records Release

Black Tambourine have a reissue coming out on Slumberland on March 30.

I was introduced to the early Slumberland band when I was a DJ at 91.1FM WMUA. I took on the project of reorganizing the vast 7''s collection that had been scattered across the station over the years. I recall one of the cooler records I stumbled across was by Black Tambourine:

By Tomorrow was the 9th piece of music released by Slumberland in 1988 and the first recording by the group. My fondness for bursts of Jesus and Mary Chain/Velvet Underground noisey pop led me to obsess over the record, especially the first song, By Tomorrow, found below.

By Tomorrow:


Bonus:

For Ex-Lovers Only
(Via Pitchforkmedia.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers