Wednesday, November 18, 2009
On the Rise - Freddie Gibbs
I've been so bored with 95% of new hip hop lately.
I have zero patience with any of it and when it's on my iPod I usually get ADD and change it to Sonic Chicken 4 before I start getting pissy.
That has changed with the recent discovery of the new Freddie Gibbs mixtape/album, midwestgangstaboxframecadillacmuzik.
This is a Banging LP, my friends. Download it and bump it, loudly, in your ride, preferably while smoking multiple bluntz. That's how Gibbs would want it.
He has another one out, The Miseducation of Freddie Gibbs, which I haven't heard yet but will, in due time.
Why I like it: It sounds like UGK. 'Nuff said.
Check out track 3 on midwest... and you'll prob agree with me.
- Celtics' Marquis Daniels = Movie Star
- Beavis and Butthead Do The Ramones
- Death Panels Threaten Rock n' Roll Kings
- An Exercise in Snobbery: The Best Records of the Y...
- God Bless Sleater-Kinney
- Glenn Beck Vs. Sarah Palin is a Hooot
- Leon + Kramer = Comedic Masterpiece
- The Avalanches Have New Music - Time to Freak Out
- Providence, Concerts, Blah Blah Blah
- Circulatory System - A Little Bit Different
- I Like Music, If You Didn't Notice
- Breaking Bad = Recommended TV Show
- These are Two of My Favorite Things...
- Califone - Funeral Singers
- Fugazi - Waiting Room
- MTV Wins Booby Prize
- Mick Foley on The Daily Show
- Don't Look Back: Oh Mi Oh My
- A Concert Poster Here, A Concert Poster There
- Conan O'Brien Kills
- On the Rise - Freddie Gibbs
- Bob Dylan - Must Be Santa Claus
- Common Sense
- Titans Owner = Classy Hand Gestures
- Tiny Mix Tapes Featuring: ME
- Carsick Cars = Kraut-Rock Specialists
- RIP Jerry Fuchs
- Stephen Colbert Fakes a Bong Hit
- Sammy Sosa in White Skin, Horrifying
- Big Black - Passing Complexion
- He Hate Me - Blasphemy and The Beatles
- ▼ November (31)