Wednesday, November 18, 2009

On the Rise - Freddie Gibbs



I've been so bored with 95% of new hip hop lately.

I have zero patience with any of it and when it's on my iPod I usually get ADD and change it to Sonic Chicken 4 before I start getting pissy.

That has changed with the recent discovery of the new Freddie Gibbs mixtape/album, midwestgangstaboxframecadillacmuzik.

This is a Banging LP, my friends. Download it and bump it, loudly, in your ride, preferably while smoking multiple bluntz. That's how Gibbs would want it.

He has another one out, The Miseducation of Freddie Gibbs, which I haven't heard yet but will, in due time.

Why I like it: It sounds like UGK. 'Nuff said.

Check out track 3 on midwest... and you'll prob agree with me.

1 comment:

  1. On Sunday, December 20, 2009, John will be performing an all-ages show to complement the First Annual Children’s Holiday Celebration at the world-famous Roxy Theatre (9009 Sunset Blvd. W Hollywood, CA 90069). John will be headlining a show that will include Freddie Gibbs featuring DJ Skee, Broken Ornaments, Bricks, plus a number of surprise special guests. Skee TV and Fidel Rodriguez from Divine Forces Media will be hosting the show in support of youth serving organizations A Place Called Home, Tia Chucha's Centro Cultural, Youth Justice Coalition, and Youth Mentoring Connection.

    ReplyDelete

Followers