Saturday, November 28, 2009
The Avalanches Have New Music - Time to Freak Out
The vinyl sample kings The Avalanches have a brand new twenty-three minute dance number called "Brains (Teazer)" that is grand and must be heard by everyone.
I could never quite pinpoint why The Avalanches' last record Since I Left You was so damn good until I heard this new material. These Aussies know how to run the dance music game with carnal beats, dense production, and a certain giddy addictive element that makes me hit the replay button.
Check out the new song here. (Via Stereogum)
Gotta give credit when credit is due. Stereogum showcased this new number as part of their 25 Most Anticipated Albums Of 2010 List which has a few interesting tidbits of information about bands I like. Worth a glance.
- Celtics' Marquis Daniels = Movie Star
- Beavis and Butthead Do The Ramones
- Death Panels Threaten Rock n' Roll Kings
- An Exercise in Snobbery: The Best Records of the Y...
- God Bless Sleater-Kinney
- Glenn Beck Vs. Sarah Palin is a Hooot
- Leon + Kramer = Comedic Masterpiece
- The Avalanches Have New Music - Time to Freak Out
- Providence, Concerts, Blah Blah Blah
- Circulatory System - A Little Bit Different
- I Like Music, If You Didn't Notice
- Breaking Bad = Recommended TV Show
- These are Two of My Favorite Things...
- Califone - Funeral Singers
- Fugazi - Waiting Room
- MTV Wins Booby Prize
- Mick Foley on The Daily Show
- Don't Look Back: Oh Mi Oh My
- A Concert Poster Here, A Concert Poster There
- Conan O'Brien Kills
- On the Rise - Freddie Gibbs
- Bob Dylan - Must Be Santa Claus
- Common Sense
- Titans Owner = Classy Hand Gestures
- Tiny Mix Tapes Featuring: ME
- Carsick Cars = Kraut-Rock Specialists
- RIP Jerry Fuchs
- Stephen Colbert Fakes a Bong Hit
- Sammy Sosa in White Skin, Horrifying
- Big Black - Passing Complexion
- He Hate Me - Blasphemy and The Beatles
- ▼ November (31)