Monday, December 14, 2009
A Few Reasons Why I Love Providence
If you aren't from the greater Providence, RI, area, you might not be aware of the recent law legislators passed banning indoor prostitution from the great capitol city.
Yep, that's right: if you wanted to pay for sex, Providence and parts of Nevada were, for years, the only places in the country where legally, anything could happen.
Providence's strip clubs were popular among the rich and famous, including Mo Vaughn, Danny DeVito (totally unconfirmed rumor), Dennis Haskins (Saved by the Bell, probably true) and Robert De Niro (also unconfirmed).
Plus a lot of skeezy people from New England spent lots of paychecks in Providence.
The economy is in the shitter of this great town. I think we just lost another chunk of income.
Not to be forgotten in the whole ordeal, our beloved New England Patriot's mascot was caught in a prostitution ring, getting screwed over for the new regulations.
- RIP Vic Chesnutt
- 10 of the Coolest Occurences in the Year 2009, Par...
- Jersey Shore Stripper - I Think We Have a Situatio...
- The Christmas Crap Continued: Screaming Females Li...
- Deerhunter Live at McCarren Park 8-3-2008
- Old Video: Jeffrey Lewis = WILLIAMSBURG WILL OLDHA...
- Kermit the Frog Sings a Song
- Stephen Colbert Raps!!!!!!!!!
- SNL Sketch Makes Funny Social Commentary
- Beavis and Butthead Nail Radiohead
- A Few Reasons Why I Love Providence
- Five More Records You Should Hear From The Year 20...
- Jeff Mangum Gets Jiggy With It
- Tiger Tiger Woods, Ya'll
- Sonic Youth Tell the Story of the Chode
- Breaking News: New England Patriot Player Supports...
- Beavis Calls Superchunk Fart Knockers
- Best Driving Around Music: 2009 Version
- Beavis and Butthead Meet John Spencer
- Five Rookies from the Year 2009
- Magnetic Fields Announce New Album
- Beavis and Butthead Sip on Gin and Juice
- Why I Missed The Latest Pixies Reunion
- ▼ December (23)